Wednesday, January 18, 2012

5 Months of fun!

(I'm 5 months old. I like to stick out my tongue.)

Will is 5 months old! (Well, 5 months and 12 days, so I'm a little behind). He had a wonderful Christmas with the family and was such a trooper during all the festivities. Christmas Eve we spent with my mom, "Grammy" Eneyda. Christmas Day was with Nathan's parents and siblings, then we drove up to Nathan's grandparents' to be with all the aunts, uncles and cousins, including Mini-Cousin Audrey!

(Will on Christmas with Grandma Nancy)

(Hanging out with Grandpa Larry)

(More Grandpa Larry time with all the extended family, too!
Check out my cute vest!)

"Sheesh! Women are so emotional!"
(Hanging out with Mini-Cousin, Audrey)

We spent the next day with the other side of Nathan's family. More grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousins, including Mini-Cousins Cooper and Callie Jean. Phew! Lots of driving, but such a blessing and so much fun. I still get choked up at these events. Just can't believe we get to live near all these amazing people again and raise our amazing boy near such a loving family.

For New Year's, Nathan and I celebrated by sleeping. Yep, when you have a 5 month old that sleeps through the night really well, you celebrate by sleeping. Because you are still making up for sleep lost in those early weeks. And you are just so thankful for the gift of a sleeping child you don't want to take it for granted or jinx it by not sleeping. After all, the day I decide to party past midnight will surely be the day Will decides to stop sleeping through the night for no apparent reason. So we put our boy to bed and enjoyed sushi delivery, watched "Bridesmaids", and ate Ben & Jerry's "Schweddy Balls" Ice Cream. I wonder what that combo says about 2012?

The last couple weeks I've finally started to feel a bit more settled. Will has a more definite nap schedule which makes my life so much easier! I now know when to plan errands and outings with friends without ruining his sleep schedule and risking sleepless nights. I've been trying some really tasty healthy recipes (will post my faves soon) and reading a bunch of books. It's amazing how much you can read when your baby takes 40+ minutes to eat and eats 6-7 times a day. That's a lot of reading, folks. I was watching TV most of the time, but now Will gets too distracted by noises. Books are probably better then Housewives shows anyway.

Today, we went to the library for the first time, and Will got to experience baby story time! He LOVED it. He was enthralled by the stories and, of course, loved the songs and motions.

(Listening to a story. So attentive!)



(Miss Ally, the story time leader, and her "baby")


At 5 months, his list of preferred activities is growing. He loves watching sports on TV. We used to think it was just TV in general, but it's definitely sports, and mostly football. He loves to grab faces, especially Daddy's, and also Daddy's hair.


(What is this stuff on Daddy's chin!)


(HA HA! I got Daddy's hair!!)

He also loves listening to Mommy sing. It's kind of awesome that my singing is like a magical spell. He will be fussing and instantly quiet when I start singing. I now do most of my shopping to the tune of "You Are My Sunshine." (Good thing I don't embarrass easily!)

He also loves to talk to himself. He talks himself to sleep and talks to himself when he wakes up. He talks to himself riding in the car and playing on his play mat. He pretty much talks everywhere, unless he would rather be watching what is going on.




Will talking himself to sleep



No comments:

Post a Comment